Presenter: Dorothy Riddle, PhD, CMC
Teilhard de Chardin: “The age of nations is past. The task before us now, if we would not perish, is to build the Earth.”
What does it mean to be interconnected?
Quantum physics confirms that we are all part of a cosmic energy field and that what we think, feel, and do affects everything around us. We develop through cooperation and adaptation, and create our perception of reality through our choice of focus. How do we live within these parameters in a responsible way?
Shifting our focus
Stewardship has traditionally meant the responsible planning and management of resources.
- What if what we are used to thinking of as “resources” are in fact our “relatives” – companions with us in a cosmic energy field?
- What if instead of “managing something out there” we accept the role of participating in an evolving global family comprised of more than humanity?
- What if we see “stewardship” as acting as responsible cosmic (not just global) citizens? How would our actions and choices shift?
Moving from fear to joy
Fear is a common constricting and negative energy, which makes it difficult to evolve in new ways. It leads to objectification of others (and our environment) and violence. In fact, we do not yet have a collective experience of living harmlessly though all spiritual traditions urge us to do no harm.
- How can we learn to identify and eliminate all of the forms of harm that are part of our everyday existence?
- How can we recognize the abundance with which we have been gifted and practice living moderately and respectfully, in balance with others and our world?
- How can we learn to leverage poised tension so that we experience joy in our daily lives?